Friday, April 13, 2012

My Myrtle Beach Review

We just returned from a 4 day trip to Myrtle Beach!



I am going to do a brief summary type review.



I can honestly say it is one of the most relaxing vacations that I have had in a very long time.



We arrived at around 5PM at Sand Castle Resort South Beach. Check in took awhile as there was only 1 person working the front desk. When it was finally my turn I reminded her of a request I had made online at the time of reservations several months ago in regards to a 3rd or 4th floor room. She said that she had already placed me on the 6th floor and there was nothing she could do. I assumed that the hotel must be booked since they did not honor my request.



Later I found out this was not the case.



Website said their was wireless access, it did not bother to mention that the internet access was only in the lobby. I could have gotten it in one of the lower levels and I tried again unsuccessfully to move to another floor but was yet told I could not do so.



I had 2 laptops and neither of them worked on the 6th floor. A bit inconvenient since I had work to do.



Pool had a lazy river, an indoor pool, outdoor pool, and two jacuzzis. We did not utilize these things but they seemed to be clean and functional.



Our room was basic and clean had a fridge, microwave, and a sink.



The first evening we did not do anything except sit on our balcony and relax and went out to the grocery and picked up a few things.



The next morning we woke up early and watched the sunrise from the balcony, got dressed and went out to Barefoot Landing for some shopping. After Barefoot Landing we basically just went up and down Ocean BLVD to the various surf shops and other lil stores.



The next day we went to Broadway at the Beach, had lunch at Planet Hollywood, We visited the Aquarium, I was actually not very impressed by this but it was something to do for an hour. This day we also played some mini golf at Buccaneer Bay. We locked our keys in the car by accident and the people at Buccaneer Bay were wonderful!! They would not allow us to call a locksmith and insisted they take care of everything, they called MB Security whom came and unlocked our doors and did not charge us a cent! We insisted on paying but they would not take our money. SUCH lovely people!! When we were not doing this we were on the beach, walking down to the pier, or having drinks on the balcony. The weather was great!! It was a lil chilly in the evening/night but not compared to the snow/ice we were getting at home in KY at the time. During the day it was in the 60%26#39;s.....the temp was supposed to be 70+ the day that we went home. The sun was shining each day!!



This was a great time in my opinion to visit. Stores, restaurants, and attractions were not very busy. Hotel rates were low (We were able to get our room for only $39 a night!) and driving was a breeze. I may have left out a few things about the trip but one thing is for sure, I loved the time I spent in Myrtle Beach and will be back soon!!



Thank you everyone that took time to answer the questions I had about MB!!



My Myrtle Beach Review


Glad that you had an enjoyable trip...it%26#39;s always so nice to just get away and be somewhere where the weather is nice.





Sorry to hear that your room request was not taken into consideration. When that happens to me I ask for the manager. I have worked in hospitality for years and I know that when there are plenty of vacancies, room assignments are no big deal to change.



My Myrtle Beach Review


There may not have been many vacancies this weekend, we are pretty full and will be until end of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment