Thursday, April 26, 2012

Weather & blossoms right now

Hi Guys: I totally expect Stan to be the one answering this question as the local expert.

Can you tell me what is the weather like there right now? I have Accuweather pinned in my favourites but want to know how Accu(rate) it really is.

As well, what%26#39;s in bloom, if anything, right now? We are staying in Shipyard Plantation Mar 8-15 and I%26#39;ve read some really nice things about that plantation and the landscaping.

Thanks, D in Muskoka.

Weather %26amp; blossoms right now

When I drove home at 5:00 PM the temperature gauge in my car said 52 Degrees. It looks to be the same over the next two days, warming up to the 60%26#39;ss by the weekend.

Blossoms have set on my lemon tree, and there are some on my magnolia. Azaleas seem ready to bloom as do the daffodils in my front yard.

Stan (hhiguy)

Weather %26amp; blossoms right now

We go to HHI for the last two weeks of March each year. THe blooms get better towards the end of the month, unless there has been unusally warm weather. The first year we went, we were there the 2nd week of March and there were some things in bloom, but it just gets better, and the weather warms and is more predictable as the weeks go by. We from Ontario too, and we can hardly wait for March 12th (our date of departure). When we come home for the 1st of April, at least our weather is about to begin to change to cool spring weather. So we get to celebrate spring twice.

By the way, we have stayed at many of the resorts (RCI) in Shipyard, and they are our favourite - Shipyard has many great things. Rent bikes - the trails are amazing!


The temperature today was 69 degrees (at 5:32 pm) and is expected to be warmer over the next couple of days. Japanese magnolias, daffodils, and camelia bushes are in bloom currently. Hope this information helps.

  • networking
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment