Thursday, April 26, 2012

Light lunch or tea in Beaufort

Hello, all.





In March I will be driving with my parents from Charleston to Beaufort for a day of sightseeing. I would like to take them somehwhere nice for a pleasant lunch or tea.





My parents, in their 80%26#39;s, are born/bred Kentuckians, with a great love of all things tastefully ';southern';. Tea sandwiches, salads, and soups in a charming, old-fashion dining room would suit them perfectly.





The Magnolia Bakery Cafe seems to have a nice menu and view. Do any of the historic B%26amp;B%26#39;s have attractive dining rooms that are open for lunch? Any other suggestions?





Thanks in advance!



Light lunch or tea in Beaufort


The recommendation I got from my Beaufort friend is Blackstone%26#39;s



http://www.blackstonescafe.com/id19.htm and click on the link to see the whole menu. She said that Sea Island Wine and Gourmet is great for lunch. I%26#39;ll be headed that way myself in a couple of weeks so if I get there before you I%26#39;ll post my opinions here.



Light lunch or tea in Beaufort


Thank you! I will be eager to read your report!




You may want to consider, ';A %26#39;Lil Piece of Heaven.'; It sounds exactly what you%26#39;re looking for. It actually was opened several years ago, by the widow of a slain law enforcement officer. I%26#39;m sure they would be more than happy to adapt their menu to your requests, if need be. I certainly can%26#39;t speak for them, however, the ambiance and attention to detail would seem to definitely meet your wishes.




RichardHunter - What a lovely suggeston! The bits I can turn up on google make ';Lil Piece of Heaven'; sound like a place we would definitely like. I am starting to think we had better head to Beautfort early so that we can enjoy lunch at one place at tea at another.





(No need to modify the menu, but thanks!)




See my trip report: ';quick visit'; for comments on Sea Island Wine and Gourmet. The chicken salad was memorably wonderful!




Yes, thank you! I read your report with interest - and drooling over the chicken salad. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment