Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Help, I don't know where to begin my search for a hotel.

I%26#39;m looking to go to Myrtle Beach from May 18-23, but I don%26#39;t now where to begin my search for a hotel. We are a couple in our late twenties and would like to get an oceanfront room with a fridge. A kitchen is not necessary. It would be nice to be within walking distance of bars and restaurants. Any ideas?



Help, I don't know where to begin my search for a hotel.


Tons of oceanfront choices %26amp; most have a fridge. Without knowing your budget...a couple to start with are Breakers, Dayton House, Caribbean. Those are in a nice central location with some bars %26amp; restaurants nearby.



Help, I don't know where to begin my search for a hotel.


Myrtle Beach chamber of Commerce puts out a stay and play guide and it is a good place to start. I believe you can access it online also if you don%26#39;t want to wait for the paper copy.




AAA also should have the Stay %26amp; Play guide on hand. It%26#39;s a freebie to anyone, regardless if you have a membership or not.




From one Jersey Girl to another try Garden City or Surfside beachs. Tons of condos that are ocean front w/ full kitchens.You will need to drive to most restaurants 5-10 min ride. The beaches are wonderful clean quiet and safe. There are bars on the Garden City and Surfside peirs. Many times you can get a condo for the same$$ as a hotel room. Good luck and have fun.




In Surfside is a Days inn with pool %26amp; hot tub nice late at night. Bars %26amp; restuarants all around it. Nice beach too!




Thank you everyone! You have given me some much needed direction. This will be my first trip to MB and I%26#39;m not familiar with the area. I%26#39;m guessing that Garden City and Surfside are a little quieter than Myrtle Beach. The other recommendations (2000,3000 blocks of N Ocean) are more in the thick of things. Am I right?




Yes, you are absolutely correct about the difference between the two. We stayed at Surfside for the first time this fall %26amp; loved it. But this summer we are once again staying in MB because we%26#39;ll have our kids (grown) with us %26amp; it%26#39;s closer to the action.




Surfside and Garden City are great places to stay, especially since you are there during biker weeks. You may want to do a search on this site and read about the different bike weeks and where their activities are centered. I believe during your stay, the events and bikers will be centered more in the northern part of MB. Surfside and Garden City are south.




Actually she will be here right between the biker weeks. They will start to arrive on the 22nd this year. So it probably won%26#39;t be too big of a concern




I%26#39;m glad you brought this topic up. It looks like I will be arriving on the day one bike week ends and leaving the day after the other begins. What should I be expecting? I looked at other posts, but they really didn%26#39;t apply to this time frame. My main concern is traffic coming to and leaving MB.





Surfside looks great, but since this is our first time going, I kind of want to stay in Myrtle Beach. I think I%26#39;m leaning toward the Caribbean. The room would be in the Dominican Tower. A co-worker also suggested Seacrest. Any thoughts?





Thanks again! This is a great group on the MB forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment