Thursday, April 26, 2012

Priceline hotels in Myrtle beach?

Has anyone use Priceline recently for a 2* or 2.5* stay in Myrtle Beach?



What hotel do you think I would get for a 2* or 2.5* hotel?



I know Priceline is like gambling, and many times I got really trashy, dirty and low quality hotels.



Would you recommend another way to get a guranteed nice and cheap room during this part of the year?





Thank you so much in advance!



Bob.



Priceline hotels in Myrtle beach?


What is your budget like?



Priceline hotels in Myrtle beach?


I have seen some online offers for



about $40/night, so I am thinking something around that.



Thanks.




My parents always stay at the gazebo inn. You may want to try them. They have great rates.





http://www.gazeboinn.com/index.html




I%26#39;m a Priceline fan, but I would hesitate to use it in Myrtle Beach. Especially for a 2 star rating. The differences in quality from one hotel/motel to another (with the same * ratings) in Myrtle Beach is unbelievable.





For instance, if you%26#39;ve ever relied on the AAA ratings, some of the ones that qualify as a 3-star AAA rating are absolutely disgusting %26amp; I wouldn%26#39;t think they deserved 1-star. The next one might be just what you would expect for a 3-star.





Might hear some disagreement on this but just my opinion.





If you decide against priceline, try narrowing your choices down %26amp; then call the hotel/motel directly. I often find that you can get better prices that way.





Good luck %26amp; if you do priceline, it would be great to hear how it turns out.




Thank you for the responses. I will be checking out the Gazebo Inn rates; and if I going with Priceline I will be sharing the results!



Bob.




I just found that the Gazebo Inn has oceanview rooms for $29. Seems a good deal.






I%26#39;m not that familiar w/ the area of the Gazebo Inn, but out of curiousity, I checked out their web site. Wow, great rates, even during peak season. I%26#39;d be curious to hear feedback from people that have stayed there.




I stay at the Gazebo Inn regularly and love it. It is an older family owned motel, but we have always found it clean and comfortable, and the rates are really good. They do try to take care of the place, and from I seen last September, new appliances, bedlinens, curtains and mattresses were suppossed to be installed by this peak season. We have not been back since September, but they had already started when we were there. Our room had new mattresses, and other rooms had new appliances and curtains. Parking can be a little tight in the busy months if you drive a SUV or van such as myself.




We will be staying there June 14-21 this year...never stayed but have heard a lot of good reviews about this place and for about 70 dollars a night ON the ocean...im loving it already :)




Darwyn....I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. The family owned motels are becoming a thing of the past in Myrtle. I hate to see the reasonable rates go as more and more of the high rise condos get built. It is right on the ocean, and though not a lot of amenities, just a pool and hot tub, it always suits our needs. Mostly families and older couples, which makes for a quieter atmosphere, and don%26#39;t be surprised to see the same people year after year.

No comments:

Post a Comment