Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Best place to buy Digital Camera in Charleston

I%26#39;ll be vacationing in Charleston next month. I%26#39;d like to by a Canon Digital Camera while I%26#39;m there. What is the lowest cost electronics retailer in town?



Best place to buy Digital Camera in Charleston


You won%26#39;t find any big box retailers on the peninsula; I imagine there will be a store or 2 that may sell digital cameras near the historic district but I can%26#39;t think of any offhand.



I got my Canon Digital at Costco - you have to be a member - but I researched it extensively, LOVE their return/exchange policy, and had to replace a DUD of another very popular brand%26#39;s digital camera that broke TWICE for me at the worst possible times - once in Hawaii and once in Australia. Bigtime :( There is a Costco about 15 minutes from the historic district in West Ashley off of Hwy 17; a Circuit City and a Walmart in the same complex in Mt. Pleasant, a Target near Hwy 517 in Mt. P. You might even want to look at some of the office supply stores such as Staples and Office Max, both of which are in Mt. P. (Mt. P is minutes from downtown and is a destination in itself as it is the gateway to the beaches north of CHS and has many great restaurants including those on Shem Creek.



So...if you do your research online first you might get a great deal.



I hope this helped!



Best place to buy Digital Camera in Charleston


Other than Sams Club or Costco (both require memberships) you might try Best Buy. There are 2 stores here - one in North Charleston on rivers Avenue across from Northwoods Mall and another in West Ashley on Orleans Road at Sam Rittenburg Blvd.





One thought is to buy it on-line and have it shipped to you while you are here. Just be sure to find out the policy for accepting shipments for where you are staying. sometimes you get free shipping and better prices and selection on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment