Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Golf as a single?

Do any courses allow you to play as a single? do they pair you up with others? I wouldn%26#39;t mind being paired up but I worry because I%26#39;m a higher handicap



(20ish) Where could I find locals with similar handicaps looking to play? I%26#39;ll be vacationing there in april. Any help/suggestions appreciated. Thanks



Golf as a single?


I played there a few years ago as a single. I was the third wheel with an older married couple. We had a good time together for the day. High handicap doesn%26#39;t anger most golfers, slow play does. If you are shooting a +20, just don%26#39;t slow down the pace. Most important, keep your head down and have fun.



Golf as a single?


My husband %26amp; sons often come back from golf %26amp; tell me they had a single join them. They actually like meeting new people %26amp; enjoy the conversation. But, they aren%26#39;t ';serious'; golfers %26amp; do have higher handicaps.




I don%26#39;t suppose they%26#39;ll be there April 12-19?





Thanks for the replies.




I am going that week with my wife and 2 kids. I am about a 13 handicap looking to play 3 maybe 4 times. I am also from ct. Let me know if your interested.




Won%26#39;t be there until June and/or August. But that%26#39;s actually a good idea to find people before you get there!




That would be great. We%26#39;ll be staying right in Myrtle beach. I was hoping to play The Witch %26amp; The Wizard. I%26#39;m still checking out other courses. Any suggestions? I would have liked to play one of the Barefoot courses but I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ll be able slide the cost of those past my wife!




I have been to myrtle beach twice and played arrowhead,wild wing,myrtlewood palmetto and pinehills,barefoot fazio,arcadian shores and tigers eye. Barefoot is where I am staying, but a bit too pricey in my opinion.



There are a couple of cousres like Kings north,the legends group,thistle, and tidewater that are upper priced courses.



Middle priced are wachesaw,lions paw,mb national,waterway, possum trot,wicked stick.



I don%26#39;t have a schedule but if you want to pick a course I would join you, and maybe later hookup for another round somewhere else.




It looks like you%26#39;ll be quite close, we%26#39;ll be at Ocean Bay. Now that we have our flights and everything settled I can spend more time on line checking out the courses. I guess if I%26#39;m hitting it good I won%26#39;t mind the better courses but if I%26#39;m hitting it bad maybe I should stick to the mini golf!



My e-mail at home is dumjer@yahoo.com. Lets keep in touch and definitely plan something.




I played The Wizard last year as a single. Was able to get the first tee time in the morning, it really depends on the time of year for how busy they are.





I thought The Wizard was nice but TAKE bugspray. They were only bad on the first two holes and the last two which were closest to the water, but they were unbelievable. I had to buy bug spray from the pro shop for 10 bucks for like a one ounce bottle.





If you are interested in The Wizard, Witch, Man o war. Check out eBay and search ';myrtle beach golf';. They sell green fees/cart on eBay, I was able to bid for a certificate and pay less then the normal rate. The are constently selling tee times on eBay. Check their website for the greens fee rate that you would be paying, and then win one on eBay for less and save a few bucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment