Thursday, April 26, 2012

Family Vacation

We are planning a trip to Myrtle Beach with our 1.5 year old. Looking for an affordable, family resort (indoor and outdoor pools, etc.) to keep the little guy active and having fun (babysitting/a kids club would be a bonus).



Any suggestions would be appreciated.



Family Vacation


What do you call affordable? And when are you coming?





That will help determine the pricing. And do you want a super large resort with tons of activities. Because honestly with a 1 year old they probably won%26#39;t care much for all of that. They would be satisfied with just the pool. I remember my middle daughter was terrified of the beach and all of the large activities when she was 1.





And not many have kids clubs similar to the ones found in Disneyworld, etc.



Family Vacation


I would go to Dunes Village. They have a nice indoor water park and the water is heated. Perfect for small kids.




Well....check into these and see if the will suffice:



-Long Bay Resort



-Compass Cove Resort



-Dayton House Resort




After several months of planning my husband and I choose the Dunes Village Resort for my 2 year old son. I was really concerned with picking the right place too because of my son being so young.





I am sure your 1.5 year old will be content with the beach but the kiddie pools are great too. They have a huge indoor kid pool which I like just in case it rains or the outdoor pools are overcrowded. And that sun can get hot.





It also has great reviews here, they have rooms with kitchens and washer %26amp; dryer and it looks very clean. I am not sure of babysitting services.





This is our first family trip all together. My son and I went to the beach last summer together without dad and it is work, so the more activities around you the better. I went to hilton head and there wasn%26#39;t much for a little one except the beach. He loved the beach but it gets hot out there, and is alot of work for the parents.





With all the beach front pool activiites the Dunes offers and Myrtle Beach offers I don%26#39;t think there will be a dull moment. We also were able to push our dates to the first week of September instead of a summer month like June. It is cheaper and I hear less crowded. Hope this helps!




Dunes Village is perfect for your small children as I said earlier, the water park is heated but they have a really nice activity pool in the waterpark for the younger kids. As for the rooms, you can%26#39;t beat them, they are great. Ask for a corner room, the living room is almost completely windows and has an awesome view. Also, the Sea Mist has alot to do for the younger set but it is not as nice as Dunes but the outdoor water park is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment