Thursday, April 26, 2012

Is Robert's as great a restaurant as I perceive it to be?

DH and I have to be in Charleston in May. One night(Friday) is the only time we will have dinner by ourselves. I keep searching and reading and think I would probably like to try Robert%26#39;s for dinner.





Also, what about Saturday lunch time. I was disappointed that the last time we were in Charleston, Justine%26#39;s was closed on the day of the week we wanted to go there for lunch!





Any and all suggestions are appreciated!!



Is Robert's as great a restaurant as I perceive it to be?


If Jestine%26#39;s is closed (I%26#39;m not sure why it was when you were here) try Virginia%26#39;s on King.



Is Robert's as great a restaurant as I perceive it to be?


We were there for lunch on a Monday. I just looked and Jestine%26#39;s is closed on Monday.





So, what about Robert%26#39;s? Worth the price or not?




If your ';searching and reading'; makes you think that you would like to try Robert%26#39;s, by all mean do so. It is a great restaurant that has been continuously top rated for a very long time. The atmosphere is more traditional - quieter and more reserved? - than the atmosphere in some other excellent restaurants. Robert%26#39;s might be exactly right for your special dinner by yourselves.





Sunday lunch is more problematic. Some restaurants are closed at mid-day on Sunday. There are a number of other good places doing Sunday ';brunch';, but not ';lunch';. Is an excellent ';brunch'; acceptable?





(My entire family is from Louisville, KY, where a big mid-day ';dinner'; after church on Sunday was a tradition. Going out with family and friends, so no one had to cook, was a special treat; the restaurants and country clubs were always packed with well-dressed people. In Charleston, it appears that people are more likely to eat at home on Sunday, although brunch is a growing new tradition.)




It is Saturday lunch, we are looking for a good place to eat. Have done Poogan%26#39;s Porch and some other forgettable place for lunch. I think I could chow down on some coca cola cake at Jestine%26#39;s.




Oops! I misread. I guess the Sunday lunch issue has been on my brain since I have relatives visiting in a couple of weeks. On Saturday, you should have NO problem at all. Go for Jestine%26#39;s. :)




So, does any of the weekend crowd have a thumbs up or a thumbs down for Roberts?

No comments:

Post a Comment