Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Boathouse on East Bay

Hi everyone!





My girlfriend and I are coming for a few days, March 18th. We were looking at restaurants in Charleston and she thought that the ';Boathouse'; on East Bay sounded and looked pretty cool. Anyone got anything good to say, or bad to say? I appreciate it! Thanks!



The Boathouse on East Bay


I%26#39;ll bite! We went there in December - before the holidays - they had a special deal where for $19.99 you got to select from about 6 of their most popular entrees and you also got a big salad and a glass of wine included in that price. I have to say that my expectation level was pretty low on the salad, entree and wine, but much to my surprise (I ordered the salmon) it was one of the absolute best restaurant meals I%26#39;ve ever had. With fish I am extremely picky - if there is a hint of fishiness or bone or anything unpleasant it is a ruined experience for me. Everyone at the table had a different dinner (Mom had crabcakes) - everything was delicious. The wine was ';ok'; but it was the house wine, so to be expected not to be top shelf. It was my first time in that restaurant and I admit that I did not expect the restaurant to look the way it did - I thought it could have been a bit more formal but it was very nice nonetheless and the service was more than attentive. It is a little out of the way (well I guess that depends on where you stay). It is quite a few blocks outside of the ';restaurant row'; of East Bay in an area that you%26#39;d probably drive to at night. ENJOY!



The Boathouse on East Bay


Thank you very much! Sounds good to me!




is this the old steam room across from the customs house on the corner a block up from the slave market???? i can%26#39;t recall the name but we have had marvelous meals there time and again even under different ownership and through the name changes. great restaurant !




BBQ - the Boathouse is closer to the Post Office on East Bay - if you%26#39;re headed up East Bay towards the Aquarium, you%26#39;d pass the aquarium (at Calhoun) and go a couple more blocks up. Almost about halfway b/w the Aq and the Ravenel Bridge on-ramp. You really wouldn%26#39;t just walk past it more than likely.


  • pimple cure
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment