Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Driving from Pittsburgh to MB

I am trying to figure out the best way to get to Myrtle Beach in August. I have lots of people giving me different directions and here is the way I picked

I79 and rt 19 to Beckley

I77 to Mt Airy

rt52 to I 40 in winston salem

I 40 to Wilmington

17 into Myrtle Beach

Does anybody have a better way or see any problems with my route?

Driving from Pittsburgh to MB

Two suggestions

First:

Probably shortest route and most popular.

Greensboro,NC. RT-220/I-74 to Rockingham. From there you have a couple variations depending on which section of Grand Strand you%26#39;re heading to.

Second suggestion:

I-77 to I-20. I-20 to Florence. At Florence you%26#39;ll see signs for ';Beach Traffic';. By-passes downtown Florence.

Will direct you north on I-95 to exit 170/RT 327.

RT-327 to RT-76

RT-76 to RT-501

Again. From there depends on where you are staying.

We run the second route with small wrinkle. We hop off in SC at exit 34/RT-34. RT-34 to Lugoff where we pick up I-20.

500 miles from here to Cherry Grove. 50 miles longer than the shorter route. Higher average MPH makes drive times about the same.

Driving from Pittsburgh to MB

I agree with Pop on this route. We take I-77 to Columbia, SC and then head esat on I-20. All freeway, less hassle. The turnoff is Lugoff is a personal preference and optional. If you prefer a more scenic route but driving 55 mph at times there are other routes but watch for speed traps!


Here%26#39;s how we%26#39;ve done it from Toronto for 22 years.

I79 south to Exit 57 onto Rt. 19 at Sutton, WVa

Rt. 19 to Beckley, WVa and I77

I77 south past Charlotte to Exit 34 onto Rt. 34 at Ridgeway

Rt. 34 to Lugoff and turn right at the main intersection and go south two miles to I20 east to Florence, SC

I20 ends at Palmetto St. in Florence

Turn left on Palmetto and follow it east past the airport until it becomes 76

76 swings right and becomes 576 which takes you to Hwy. 501

Take Hwy. 501 to the new Hwy. 22 and avoid a lot of lights and traffic.

Follow Hwy. 22 into Myrtle Beach.

Pittsburgh is exactly 6 hours from Toronto so this route would be 9.5 to 10 hours for you.

Kevin

Toronto


bscarlett, do not take I-40 to Wilmington...thats about one hour or more longer to MB.

EVERYONE from this area (and yours too) takes pops recommendation of the Rt 220 to I-74 Rockingham way.

From Pitt it might be about 10-11 hours or so.

Or, if you do want to stay on Interstate more...go the 2nd way he suggested.(a popular way too)...I-77 to Florence I-20.

Same amount of time I guess. (depends on traffic and time of day.)

  • pimple cure
  • vc
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment