Tuesday, April 24, 2012

guys trip labor day weekend

We%26#39;ve got a group of 8 guys (all in our 30s) that take a guys trip every Labor Day weekend. This year we were thinking of heading to the Charleston, SC area. We%26#39;d like to stay in a beach house and just chill on the beach during the day (sipping beers along the way of course) and then head out at night and have some places to go that are laid back, but also not too dead. In other words, not dance places, just places where we can kick back and have a few drinks while people watching and maybe meeting some women along the way. Is Folly Beach the place for us? If not, any other suggestions?





Thanks in advance for your help!



guys trip labor day weekend


I definitely think Folly Beach is for y%26#39;all. I%26#39;m part of a group of 8-10 ladies (all in our 30%26#39;s) who have been traveling to Folly at least 2X a year for the past 8 years to do exactly what you describe. We love it! We were just there last weekend, and even in January, there are cool bars/restaurants open with lots of awesome live music. Have fun!



guys trip labor day weekend


If you decide against Folly, Isle of Palms would also fit your criteria. I went there last year for the first time and just loved it. And my criteria going in was exactly like yours.





I enjoyed all the watering holes. Each one offered a little something different. The Windjammer, Acme Cantina, Coconut Joe%26#39;s, Banana Cabana, One Eyed Parrot, etc...





Cracker happened to be playing at The Windjammer when I was there. Real good show from a semi well known band I guess.





The food at the Acme Cantina was terrific. I must have ate 10 dozen wings the week I was there...lol. And their breakfasts were also good.





Additionally, the beach was just gorgeous in my opinion. I just hung out all day with a break for lunch and the odd break for a Rum Runner on the rooftop bar, Coconut Joe%26#39;s. I went in the middle of July so it was pretty packed, but that%26#39;s what I wanted.





I stayed at The Palms Hotel right on the beach. Suited me just fine. All I cared about was that the A/C worked and it did just fine.





If you guys can afford to stay in a beach house, I would definitely recommend it. You guys would have a blast. Especially if you could afford the Pink or Yellow houses on Ocean Boulevard. I recommend these because they are right on the beach and just a short 2 minute walk from the bars.




  • pimple cure
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment