Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hotels near Charleston naval base?

My husband will be in Charleston at the naval base for 2 weeks in August and I hope to visit him. Any hotel suggestions? As we will be sharing a rental car, close to the base would be helpful. I think it will only be us, but I may bring our 3 year old. Looking for something reasonable and clean.



Hotels near Charleston naval base?


Some military bases have a hotel or housing to rent to military families.Try calling the naval base and ask for billiting or housing they can tell you if that is avb. on base and the cost is really less expensive.



Hotels near Charleston naval base?


Well, I am sure we will get more details, as he doesn%26#39;t have his orders yet, but I think he will be staying on base, but if I come, we will need to find accomodations off base, but we will be working on the details. It never hurts to check, right?




You might look for some on Daniel Island or Summerville.




I work just outside the Virginia Ave. gate, so I%26#39;m familiar with the old base and her surroundings.



There is absolutely nothing within 5 miles that I%26#39;d recommend as a place to stay that would be nice, safe, or clean.



As Blossom said, I would say that the Hampton Inn on Daniel Island is the best choice. It may be within 5 miles, but it is over the Cooper River. It%26#39;s easily accessible and is about a 10-15 minute drive. If you wanted to stay on the N. Charleston side of the river, then there are some hotels along Rivers Avenue and some nice new ones near the Tanger Outlet Mall off between Montague Ave and I-526.

No comments:

Post a Comment