Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Gazebo Inn or Cherrytree Inn

I am coming back down to Myrtle in August. It is going to be just myself coming down to play in the dupont amateur golf championship. I don%26#39;t care this time about amenities. Does anyong have any idea about these two motels?



Gazebo Inn or Cherrytree Inn


We stay here a few times a year. Our most recent was last September. We love the place, and have always found it clean and very affordable. Parking can be a little cramped in the busy season, especially if you drive a large SUV or van. It is a basic family owned motel, and not a resort, just a pool and hot tub, but quiet. mostly families and older couples stay here. We did not stay here last week when we visited, but I noticed while driving by there was a large refuse bin out in front of the hotel. I would assume that they are finishing the renovations they had planned. In September I remember a few of the rooms had already had new curtains and bedspreads. I hear that appliances are going to be replaced as well, but when we stayed it was the same appliances as in years past, but they were in working order, so no complaints there. I know that our room in September did have new mattresses when we stayed, which was a surprise to us, because the new mattresses are firmer than the ones they used previously. I actually preferred the softer mattress, but I did not lose any sleep over it. I have also heard that all of the mattresses were to be replaced this year. The electronic card room entrance locks were also added this year, as it had been keyed locks in previous years. I think most of the renovations are interior cosmetics.



Gazebo Inn or Cherrytree Inn


Both get mixed reviews of course, it depends on what you are expecting for the price, which is low at both locations. I have never stayed at the Cherrytree. It is much further north than the Gazebo Inn.




My mother stayed at the Cherry Tree Inn with a friends of hers and her friends 3 kids. They loved it for what it was worth! They weren%26#39;t expecting a resort by any means but it served its purpose and they said they would definately go back! Hope this helps!!




My mother just got back from the Gazebo inn she said it is nice and clean. They just renovated it.

No comments:

Post a Comment