Friday, March 30, 2012

Question for Floski

Hi, You seem to be the destination expert. Can you tell me anything about a river cruise on the Ashley river. Last time we were there we did the Magnolia Plantation and it was beautiful. My friend%26#39;s nephew used to live down there and when he heard that we did that he said to take the river cruise. It sails right by the plantation. Can%26#39;t seem to find a thing on it and will be back in Charleston in June. I did a post and got no responses. It sounds like a fun thing to do. Thanks for you help. Sally



Question for Floski


LOL





You flatter me, but I am by no means the expert here; I%26#39;ve just been around a long time. To me, the best part about Trip Advisor is that the entire community makes up the %26#39;expert%26#39;. There are lots of regular posters here who provide invaluable insight to the area, insight that comes from experience. Whether they are so-called %26#39;local experts%26#39;, lowcountry residents, or just folks who%26#39;ve been to Charleston a few times, everyone invests. That makes our little slice of TA a wonderful place to come for advice and guidance.





I don%26#39;t know off the top o%26#39; me head about this cruise, but I%26#39;m sure someone here does. I%26#39;ll still look into it, but once I do my research and (hopefully) find an answer, someone else will probably have already provided one.





Be back soon.



Question for Floski


Well, I haven%26#39;t had too much luck as far as taking a cruise up the Ashley. The only thing I%26#39;ve been able to find is where you can kayak up, which is not something I%26#39;d really want to do in June. I%26#39;m sure someone else will be able to answer this.





FWIW, here is what I found out:





ASHLEY RIVER KAYAKING: Take a guided kayak trip on the Ashley River through tidal creeks, hike or ride horseback through woodlands, or rent a bike or kayak for a personal tour. Middleton Place, 4300 Ashley River Road. Call for prices. 556-0500





Sorry, not much help, I know.




Thank you for checking. I appreciate that. I have been doing searches too and nothing seems to pop up. Maybe it is no longer available.



I%26#39;m sure you know a little more than you think you do and believe me I listen, have gotten some great advice from trip advisor. What to do and also what not to do. The locals know best. thanks again. sally

No comments:

Post a Comment