Friday, April 13, 2012

Spring bloom still going strong week of April 7 ?

I know the home%26amp;garden event runs until April 12, but am wondering if peak spring bloom will be gone by then. Hoping for Azaleas, wisteria, tuplips, dogwood, etc. What will still be in bloom that week do you think? (I realize weather plays a big role, so take a guess !)

Spring bloom still going strong week of April 7 ?

I%26#39;m no gardener, but my very wise mother in-law is, and she says that a lot of what%26#39;s blooming now will be gone by then. I think the azaleas are at risk the most, but I%26#39;m worried that the Bradford Pears and the Dogwoods won%26#39;t make it.

I%26#39;m sure someone more knowledgeable than I can answer this question better.

Spring bloom still going strong week of April 7 ?

Sorry, id8339, but I believe the azaleas will be gone by then - along with the Bradford Pears! Here in Atlanta, the Bradford Pears are in full bloom (or, they were full before the tornadoes went through!), and I noticed my azaleas starting to bloom yesterday! I think most of Charleston is on the same ';blooming schedule'; - we were over last year around April 7th, and everything was already mostly green - but still beautiful! There will be alot of annuals or perennials in bloom then, though!


rats.... you%26#39;ve confirmed my fear! But I%26#39;m sure we%26#39;ll enjoy the trip anyway. Thanks!


Yes, you will have a fantastic time!! Charleston is always beautiful, and full of so much to see and do! Hope your trip is wonderful!

  • hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment