Friday, April 13, 2012

ResortQuest Isle of Palms

Is anyone familiar w/this place . . . ResortQuest? There are no reviews for it on TripAdvisor so I%26#39;m a little hesitant to book at a place that nobody knows anything about.





We want to stay on Isle of Palms for our first wedding anniversary August 24 through August 28, 2006. I%26#39;ve stayed at the Holiday Inn Express 4 times and the Seaside Inn twice but I wanted to check out some other places as well. Oceanfront is a must!





Does anyone have any ideas or comments about Resort Quest or do you have any recommendations of other places to stay . . . oceanfront, for 4 nights.



ResortQuest Isle of Palms


Hiya,





If you haven%26#39;t already booked definately give ResortQuest a try. The company used to be Great Beach Vacations and was recently acquired by ResortQuest. They have many hoems and villas on Isle Of Palms and in Wild Dunes Resort as well as homes on Sullivan%26#39;s Island. Have used them in the past and they have a concierge that can set up anything from dinner reservations to activites to rental items (bikes, cribs, etc.)



ResortQuest Isle of Palms


Also consider contacting Wild Dunes directly for bookings at hotel/condos/villas/houses managed by the resort.




We%26#39;re going to stay at the Wild Dunes the end of March. I%26#39;m going to check out Resortquest if I can. We%26#39;ll be making the trip to S. Carolina frequently so I want to see what the best place to stay is. Will keep you posted.




I haven%26#39;t seen their IOP properties but I%26#39;ve seen their Scottsdale, AZ properties and they are great.




Thanks for responding. I booked an oceanfront suite at the Holiday Inn Express Isle of Palms. I haven%26#39;t stayed at this hotel since 2001. Is it still a nice place to stay? When they build this hotel, it was the only place we would stay when we came to Isle of Palms but the hotel was relatively new then too.



This will be my husbands first visit to Isle of Palms. I know the beach is fabulous but want to make sure I made the right decision about the hotel.




We have stayed at Mariners Walk and Ocean Club through Resort Quest. We have always had a poistive experience. We are going back in August actually. They are condos within Wild Dunes. Isle of Palms is awesome. If you are looking for a laid back vacation this is the place to go. Its not the hustle and bussle of Myrtle Beach. Its quiet and relaxing




I Will not Book through ResortQuest at Isle of Palms anymore. I no longer feel they are reputable. If I book a condo again it will either be directly through Wild Dunes Resort or one of the locally owned Realtors such as Island Reality, Isle of Palms reality or Beachside reality.





I booked last fall with ResortQuest at Isle of Palms. We booked at the same condos we had stayed at two years before. This time there was a major problem with the condo. - The Beach Was Gone! Water was actually under the unit that we stayed at before. There was no access to the beach. (We had been told that there was some beach erosion noticeable at high tide and that we would have to access the beach to the right of the main building) --There was NO BEACH access Everywhere huge sandbags covered the beach line. I had to walk a forth mile up the road and cut through another condo%26#39;s property to find the beach. The place was devastated ! the pool house was almost on its side the filter etc was leaning over, algae on the pool.



We drove 600 miles to go to the beach - and could not get to it.





We called ResortQuest and and the person that answered said she did not have any other properties available and could not do anything. She then said that we would have to call back and talk to the manager in the morning. My wife called the Wild Dunes resort that night and found they had a beach front condo that had no beach problems.





We got up early, packed up and went to the ResortQuest office when they opened. After driving 10 hours and not being told the truth about the conditions I expected a full refund. THE CHARGED ME FOR STAYING THAT NIGHT even though we had contacted them before the office closed that night. THEY also would not refund A $160 booking fee.



I was very polite and did not want to let this spoil my vacation. I restated the situation again to them and told them that I was not happy with their solution. They were not polite, or fair.





We found our accommodations at Wild Dunes to be very nice and the beach was great as were the people at the Wild Dunes Resort. We love Isle of Palms.





We got brochures form several of the local reality companies that rent condos. We found we were not the only ones that had a bad experience with ResortQuest. One of the realtor owners told my wife that %26#39;He or any of the other Realtors would have given us a full refund and at least apology, But given the situation we should have been notified before we drove 10 hrs.%26#39;





I guess this is what Trip Advisor is all about.





Isle of Palms - Great Place



Breakfast at the Seabiscuit - Worlds Best !





ResortQuest - Bad News




I%26#39;ve used ResortQuest at IOP with no bad experience; I%26#39;ve also - and now do - used Island Realty http://www.islandrealty.com/





Here%26#39;s the difference - Island Realty is, I believe, ';local'; ResortQuest is national (international?) - I%26#39;ve always felt that what I think matters at IslandRealty, whereas, there%26#39;s a pipeline feeding ResortQuest.





You can book through Wild Dunes, but, when I ';comparison'; shopped similar properties, I found IslandRealty noticeably less expensive....





In any case, for 4 nights at that time of year, you%26#39;re likely to be limited to a hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment