Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Planning 1st Visit

So sorry, I keep getting this wrong.





Staying in Charleston in June and would like to take a day trip to Georgetowm. Can anyone tell me the best route to take, where to head for once we get to Georgetown and some ';must see'; places? We enjoy the waterfront, historic buildings, wandering around, etc.



Also a restaurant recommendation for lunch would be great. Thanks.



Planning 1st Visit


I would suggest visting Hampton Plantation State park just southwest of Georgetown. Follow 17 right north from Charleston. Just north of Georgetown is Brookfield Gardens...I think its called. Just a beautiful place. Do a google on Georgetown.



Planning 1st Visit


Hello Katie





on highway 17 approx 12 miles before Georgetown is Hopsewee Plantation home its open to the public you can check their web site out



www.hopsewee.com I can highly recommend the tour .





Georgetown is a small town , it has its own Historic area which is Safe to walk around , couple of musuems one of which is the kaminsky house again I can highy recommend the tour.





As for a nice place to eat lunch I would say the River Room or for a light lunch I would recommend the Brown Pelican cafe .





The water front area is a wood broadwalk that over looks the river sitting or walking along it in June well lets say your gonna get hot hot hot .





Dont decide to visit Georgetown on Sunday only not much opens and its very quiet on that day .





Am sure you will like Georgetown




Forgot to mention I have numerous photos from my visits you can check them out on webshots .





travel.webshots.com/album/554113188dqikJb鈥?/a>





just copy and paste the above link , hope it gives you some idea whats on show in Georgetown

No comments:

Post a Comment