Monday, April 16, 2012

At Witts End,,Please Help

Coming to MB July 30th. I have spent days for hours and hours searching for a place to stay. My problem is, I don%26#39;t know the area and dont%26#39; know where I should be looking for a place. I%26#39;d love a condo by owner, I%26#39;m finding lots of them for $900 a week for two bedrooms, which is great,,but most of them are listed for Shore Drive, and way up North Myrtle Beach. I have a fear that this area is too far from all the action, ';Broadway on the Beach';, etc. Can anyone tell me the names of condo resorts, oceanfront, that are right near the action? I have no clue where anything is in the area.



Any input/advice you can offer would be greatly appreicated!



Thanks so much



At Witts End,,Please Help


Sugarchalet.. We stay at Ocean Creek Resort in NMB which is across the street from Barefoot Landing (a shopping and dining and entertainment complex) I know Vacations By Owner have several condo%26#39;s available at Ocean Creek Resort, at both North and South Towers. There are several hotels near Broadway at the Beach.. but BATB is not near the beach, several blocks away. There are alot of resorts in the area I hear are very nice such as Coral Beach Resort also, there is a Hampton Inn near BATB I believe.. I am sure the MB locals will post and help you out further.



At Witts End,,Please Help


Not a condo but you might take a look at the Sandy Beach Resort. The Magnolia tower offers 2 room efficiencies. One room with 2 doubles and the other with a wall bed and a sofa sleeper. It%26#39;s a great area near all the attractions. We%26#39;ve been staying here for several seasons and love it.




Thank you for referring Sandy Beach Resort,,I called them, and they are BOOKED%26lt;,,UGH!! I%26#39;m beginning to wonder if I will ever find a place, this task is getting harder and harder. Keep the ideas coming!




Sugar, you could try www.vrbo.com (Vacation Rental By Owner). Lots of condos in myrtle beach to choose from and you rent directly from the owner. Might take a lttle time to go thru them to find something for that week, but worth it. We stayed at Carolina Winds last week. It is very convenient to all attractions and resturants. (No matter where you stay you still have to drive to something, so don%26#39;t let locations bother you.)



Another advice is to look for something in the 3000 block and up (to 76th Ave) A little less crowded in these areas. Ocean Forest Plaza is nice too. Lovely neighborhood and beach. Very close to ';Broadway'; If I can think of anything else, I%26#39;ll get back to you. Good luck!




Another hint. Go to www.myrtlebeach.com. It has lots of links for hotels with condos and all the main attractions. There is an interactive map so you can see where the hotel or attraction is in Myrtle Beach. Like I said above, my only real advice is to stay on the northern end of Myrtle Beach (not to be confused with North Myrtle Beach)




Check Grande Shores, they have 1, 2 and 3 bedroom condos for very resonable prices, I have found them cheaper than most places, and it is a very nice resort, close to the action yet it sits right next to a residential area so the beach to the North os never crowded for this reason. we stayed there the week of June 20th and absolutly loved it, so much so we are going back the 2nd week of August.




We stayed at Compass Cove and it is near everything. Make sure you ask for the Marinar building,,,,, 21 pools!





And another thing,,,,, call the places!! We could not find anything either and my husband started to make phone calls and we found alot more openings......and we got 2 nights free by calling!!





Good luck!!




We stay in Cherry Grove section of N. Myrtle Beach in condo called Reflections. It is very, very reasonable and in great location. Right on the inlet, across street from the beach. Unit we stay in is 2 bed/2 bath (great size unit w/ all amenities). Elliott Realty manages this property and hundreds of others. I recommend Reflections (A7) if available, if not Elliott can find something for you. Good luck.




NMB is our pick because you can get to the action if you want. Try Condo-World.com. Many years of satisifed bookings with thema dn by now the have discounted rates. Call them for their reccomendations on what is still available and be able to look at the units on line. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment