Friday, March 30, 2012

Stupid question of the century!

In the words of Napoleon Dynamite, ';Idioot';-that%26#39;s what I feel like for having to ask this question:

Is the Charleston Visitor Reception and Transportation Center part of the Charleston convention and visitors bureau?

I have never really paid attention before. The convention and visitors bureau has a website but when I google ';charleston visitor center'; I don%26#39;t get what I%26#39;m looking for;-)

Stupid question of the century!

Hi, OurGreatEscape!

My impression is that ';Charleston Visitor Reception and Transportation Center'; is the technical name of the Charleston Convention and Visitors Bureau facility, in the converted train station on Meeting Street, where we all go for discount coupons, tour information, etc.

I have had similar problems with web searches. Even when I get to the www.charlestoncvb.com website, there are no obvious photos, etc., of the facility. The situation on the ground is confusing, as well; because there is another place across the street from the CVB facility that has a simlar name, but which is private, commercial operation.

The CVB is a great asset to anyone wanting to explore Charleston. Better signage and and web identification would certainly help!

Stupid question of the century!

That is certainly not a stupid question. Someone may want to help me on this one because it has been a while since I worked in the hotel industry....but these are 2 seperate entities. The Charleston Convention and Visitors Bureau (CVB) is located off of King Street close to Francis Marion hotel. It used to be near the Visitor%26#39;s center or maybe it is still there. But anyway, this is made up of people that work for the city of Charleston specifically traveling all over to promote Charleston and to bring in large groups to the area. For example, Corporate business meetings, Associations etc. They promote all of the hotels in the area. Big groups mean Big $$!

The Visitors Center is located off of Meeting street and it is here for visitors coming to the area and getting to know Charleston....yada yada yada....


This is a question for O%26#39;Meila!

Where you at, girl???


I guess it wasn%26#39;t a stupid question. Seems we%26#39;re all having the same problem.

FWIW, both entities have a King St. address and this is what has led to my totally confusion (it%26#39;s heck getting old and being blonde;-}).

Yesterday, I thought I was calling the Visitors/transportation center located next to the parking garage. When I looked at the number again, I had called the Charlestoncvb.

This time of year I%26#39;m too far from Charleston to just drive and walk in;-)

  • garlic off skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment