Friday, March 30, 2012

Do not rent from Sea Mist!!

A few years ago my family and I rented a room at the Sea Mist (huge place) and were totally disappointed. Not only was it pretty pricy for the location of our room, our room was infested with roaches. When presented to the office staff we were told that we were wrong, that those bugs were, in fact, ';palmetto bugs';. Little did this ignornant woman know that palmetto bugs are a type of cockroach. Needless to say, my family and I didn%26#39;t care to share our vacation rental with cockroaches. Just watch out...investigate your vacation rental before reserving your space!



Do not rent from Sea Mist!!


Sea Mist is very old, they are going to tear down and rebuild high rise, so yu can figure they are not spending much money on keeping the building in good condition, including pest control I would not recommend Sea Mist to anyone.



Do not rent from Sea Mist!!


A few years ago? Why post now? Place could have been torn down, renovated, new management, or any other possibility....a lot can happen in %26#39;a few years%26#39;.




My best friend was married in Myrtle Beach and honeymooned at Sea Mist. This was about 3 years ago and she said that she loved it. She especially loved the water park. She had no complaints at all about bugs or the room itself. Sorry that you did not have a good experience there.




In response to ncgator%26#39;s comment:





I just stumbled upon this site YESTERDAY. That%26#39;s why I am just now posting about it. I have posted about Sea Mist on other sites prior to finding this one. Of course the Sea Mist may be under new management, renovated, or torn down. Regardless, once someone has a bad experience with a business, it usually doesn%26#39;t matter what changes have been made. I would never risk wasting my money on a place I didn%26#39;t enjoy the first time. Maybe you%26#39;re more forgiving than I am, but I%26#39;d rather not risk it. Why don%26#39;t you give it a try and tell me how it goes?




No need to take offense. The point I was trying to make is a %26#39;review%26#39; done today on an experience that happened years ago may not be relevant.




No offense taken. Enjoy your travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment