Friday, March 30, 2012

Best downtown area to stay

Historic District? What streets make up the border of this area? Is this the area to stay in while visiting? Looking for a vacation rental and want to be in the right downtown spot.

Best downtown area to stay

';Vacation rental'; to me sounds like beach. Is that what you%26#39;re looking for? I don%26#39;t think of downtown lodging as ';vacation rentals'; but that might just be me.

Best downtown area to stay

I%26#39;m not staying in a hotel, and there are many condo and loft rentals in the downtown area. I will be on vacation, hence the term ';vacation rental';. Now, any advice on the posed questions since I will be staying downtown and not on the beach?


It sounds like you already have your spot picked out, but most people would agree that if you look at a map of Charleston, the area to the right of King Street and ';below'; Calhoun Street has the highest concentration of visitor activities. Narrowing it down some more - the few blocks around ';Market Street'; give you the best selection of restaurants and shops, while the area ';below'; Broad Street is almost strictly residential - but that%26#39;s where you%26#39;ll find most of the historic homes/gardens. All of Charleston is historic - and it%26#39;s a small city (you could walk from the Battery, which is at the tip, all the way to above Calhoun in about 20 minutes. From ';side to side'; it%26#39;s also about a 20 min. walk, so I wouldn%26#39;t worry too much about the location.

Sorry for the confusion - in this part of the country ';vacation rental'; can have its own sub-meaning and I just wanted to be sure so I could give you the best advice! :)


Thank you very much. This is the type of info that I was looking for. I appreciate it!!!

  • How to clean military surplus wool blankets
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment