Friday, March 30, 2012

Hotel in Charleston

My hubby and I are going to go to Charleston in a couple weeks. We haven%26#39;t been away from the kids in ages so I want it to be really special. Where would be a good place to stay? It doesn%26#39;t have to be really fancy, I%26#39;m not looking to totally break the bank even though I know Charleston is expensive. However it must be clean and not in a scary neighborhood or anything.





Also if anyone has any recommendations on really great romantic places to eat I would appreciate it.



Hotel in Charleston


As far as places to stay, it really depends which days you%26#39;re here as to whether or not you%26#39;ll get a deal. The springtime is enormously busy here with the House and Garden Festival, graduations, Spoleto festival, and a big ';etc';. The real deals are usually across the river(s) - try searching in Mt. Pleasant if you are not finding lodging in Charleston.



Romantic restaurants - 82 Queen would be my vote, but Fulton Five gets great reviews (haven%26#39;t been yet) and I do like Mistrals A LOT. You may want to ask for a corner table if you go there as not all of the restaurant%26#39;s seating is conducive to ';romance'; - it%26#39;s the atmosphere, food and entertainment that make this place special. (also one of the better values in the city).



ENJOY!



Hotel in Charleston


Thank you for the advise CultureHound. We will be there during the middle of the week the last week of March so maybe it won%26#39;t be too busy.




Any more ideas on specific hotels to check? I%26#39;m not very tech savvy so I am having trouble figuring out which hotels are where and also where is the area I want to stay. I have never been there before and I am going next week so I am starting to panic.




If it%26#39;s a rare ';really special'; romantic getaway, stay at Charleston Place, and walk across the street to Peninsula Grill for dinner; If you want to splurge, just stay at the Planter%26#39;s Inn (where Peninsula Grill is located). You should make reservations well in advance.





lINKS: charlestonplace.com/web/鈥cha_a2a_home.jsp





http://www.peninsulagrill.com/





By the way, the coconut cake is as good as they say...




We have stayed at the Hampton Inn in the past, which is near Marion Square, Embassy Suites is right next door. Both are close to the historic district (walking distance), so there are tons of good restaurants close by.





Kids are on spring break for the next week, so better be checking on reservations right away.





Good luck, Beth




We like to stay at ';boutiquey'; places like The Drury Inn and The Vendue Inn.

No comments:

Post a Comment