Friday, March 30, 2012

Best Martini?

My husband and I are coming into town for a special dinner at Fulton Five but would like to have a pre-dinner martini somewhere nearby. Any recommendations? We like ketel One, up and dirty!!



Best Martini?


C%26#39;mon, Charleston--where is a good place for a pre-dinner martini??



Best Martini?


Club Habana above the Tinder Box Cigar Shop has great martinis. Great place to have a drink. Have a great trip!!





www.tinderboxcharleston.com




I have been known to enjoy a martini or two at Henry%26#39;s. I am not as sophisticated a drinker as you - I like my Cosmos and salivate over the thought of their German Chocolate Cake martini (sorry - a martini purist is probably cringing right now!) I think Meritage is known for tapas and specialty drinks, and Social is a good bet for a great drink. More than half the fun is finding your own favorite spot - so when you do - please let us know the good, the bad and the ugly!




Thank you, thank you, thank you...will report upon my return!




Your question intrigued me;-) Like CultureHound, I%26#39;m more into flavored martinis (that Chocolate cake martini sounds delish!)





Here are some suggestions to add to the mix:





Rooftop Bar at Vendue Inn http://www.vendueinn.com--for the view;





Readers%26#39; Picks from City Paper are:





Best New Bar



Moe%26#39;s Downtown Tavern



5 Cumberland St. Downtown.





Best Upscale Bar



Pavilion Bar



225 East Bay St. Downtown.



(843) 723-0500



www.marketpavilion.com





AND





Best Martini



Cypress: A Lowcountry Grille



167 East Bay St. Downtown. (843) 727-0111



www.magnolias-blossom-cypress.com







Salut!




We had a few last week at Charleston Place. A very nice place and very good %26#39;tinis, but I can only say that I%26#39;m too glad that I wasn%26#39;t buying. $15 for a martini is a bit outside of my range!




I had a great one at Tristan%26#39;s Restaurant in the French Quarter Inn on Market Street in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment