Friday, March 30, 2012

Looking for a particular statue in Charleston

16 years ago, I visited Charleston with my newborn daughter. While there, my then-husband stopped the car and insisted that we take a picture of me holding our baby standing next to a statue of a little girl in a park, even though it was about to storm! The statue represented what he envisioned our baby would look like as she grew into a little girl.





My now teenage daughter and I will be visiting Charleston again soon. I would love to find that same statue and take another photo.





I can%26#39;t recall where it was! Does anyone recall seeing it? She was wearing a long full skirt and if I recall she was kind of dancing. I remember she was graceful and sweet.



Looking for a particular statue in Charleston


2 questions - did you visit Savannah on the same trip b/c there is a famous statue there that comes to mind.



Next...any way you can scan the photo and put in on as your personal photo (the one that appears near your message?)



Nice story!



Looking for a particular statue in Charleston


No, we didn%26#39;t visit Savannah, so it wasn%26#39;t the ';waving girl'; statue that they have. The Charleston statue was of a younger girl.





I don%26#39;t think I have the photo, but it may be with her father. I%26#39;ll have to check. I had hoped my daughter would be able to surprise him.





Thanks!!




I%26#39;ve scanned the photo that shows the statue I am looking for in Charleston into my profile. Has anyone seen it?





Thank you!




Its a little hard to tell as the pic is so small but it looks like you%26#39;re down at the Battery/White Point Garden. If you can get us a larger picture, we may be able to help identify it better but like I said, looking at the ground, lamp post and houses in the background, my first instinct is the Battery/White Point Garden.




Great catch, TG!





It is indeed at White Point Gardens at the Battery.



Work is denying me access to looking very well, but this statue is at the Battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment